Ballamy LLP is a firm of forensic accountants. We perform financial and regulatory investigations and provide expert evidence and litigation support services. Our expertise and experience enable us to bring clarity to the most complicated financial situations. Our clients receive advice, analyses and reports of the highest quality. Our principal clients include leading law firms, barristers, regulatory bodies and multinational businesses.
WHAT WE DO
We have many years of experience of preparing expert reports and of giving expert evidence in the UK’s civil and criminal courts. Matters on which we give expert opinions include:
- accounting treatments designed to conceal wrongdoing;
- financial reporting under IFRS and UK GAAP;
- revenue recognition;
- the meaning of realised profits under UK GAAP;
- solvency and going concern;
- the quantification of losses, and
- the valuation of shareholdings and businesses.
- non-compliant conduct by regulated persons and businesses;
- bribery and corruption;
- false accounting and fraudulent trading;
- market abuse and insider dealing;
- money laundering; and
- misappropriations of assets.
Ballamy LLP has been appointed by the Financial Conduct Authority to its Forensic Accounting Framework as one of a small number of specialists to assist the FCA’s Enforcement Division in conducting investigations into suspected misconduct and compliance failures.
Mark, the founder of Ballamy LLP, has more than 30 years’ experience of providing forensic accounting services. He is experienced in the preparation of expert reports and in giving expert evidence in Court. Mark is a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (“ICAEW”) and a member of The Academy of Experts. He is an ICAEW-Accredited Forensic Accountant and an Accredited Accountant Expert Witness.
85 Gresham Street
020 3705 9945